What is PVSA?
If you are a teen who is dedicated to volunteering, consider applying for the President’s Volunteer Service Award! Also known as PVSA, it is an award that celebrates the impact that we can all make in bettering our communities and our world.
“Even though you may not seek recognition, your example can deliver a powerful message that encourages others to take action,” says the PVSA website, where you can learn even more about the award.
GivingPoint is a Certifying Organization for this award, and we love celebrating our awesome students!
Keep reading to see if you are eligible for the President’s Volunteer Service Award. Check back in early 2020 for information regarding applying for PVSA via GivingPoint.
Eligibility is determined either by a required number of hours of service over a 12-month time period, or by the cumulative hours over the course of a lifetime.
Criteria, taken from the PVSA website:
- Recipient must be a United States citizen or a lawfully admitted permanent resident of the U.S.
- Awards are issued for service hours served within a 12-month time period or over the course of a lifetime
- Awards are issued for volunteer service only; additional levels of participation with the organization (i.e., charitable support) are not a factor considered for the award
- Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award
- Awards are issued by approved Certifying Organizations
Eligibility, taken from the PVSA website:
- Hours are measured over a 12-month time period and awards are designed based on cumulative hours. See below for the multiple award levels. The President’s Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest honor and is awarded to those who contribute more than 4,000 hours of community service in their lifetime.
For teens, aged 11-15
- Bronze award: 50-74 hours
- Silver award: 75-99 hours
- Gold award: 100+ hours
For young adults, aged 16-25
- Bronze award: 100-174 hours
- Silver award: 175-249 hours
- Gold award: 250+ hours
We look forward to hearing more about your volunteer experiences and celebrating your commitment to your community!